1974-19??
Box Back

1975-1976
Box Back

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: In 1974, Fisher-Price introduced it's first doll series, six different dolls, each with a cloth huggable body, and a plastic face and hands and a removable outfit. Many people think that these dolls are members of the "My Friend Doll" series because they look so much alike, but they are not, infact these were introduced 3 years before the first "My Friend Doll" was introduced.

Each dolls in the series has her own personality, appearance and charm. The first six dolls were #200 Mary, #201 Jenny, #202 Natalie, #203 Audrey, #204 Baby Ann and #205 Elizabeth. In 1975, Fisher-Price added a new doll to the series whom is also the only boy of the bunch, #206 Joey. 1976 introduced yet another new doll, #208 Honey, whom unlike her predecessors, did not have a removable outfit. In 1977, only 4 of the above 8 were available, Mary, Natalie, Joey and Honey. During this same year, a different type of doll was introduced that would birth the beginning of a new doll series, the #210 My Friend Mandy. By 1978, Honey was the only doll available from the original doll series, and the My Friend doll series was beginning to take it's place.

Accessories:
  • FPT1788 - Jenny - Stuffed cloth body doll with a plastic head and hands, brown hair, and blue eyes. She has a dark blue stuffed body (red, white, and yellow flower prints) that is designed to look like her pajamas. She has red cloth shoes (attached) with white socks. Measures 13" tall. Face features freckles and eyes with a thin blue line. *See "Variations" below.
  • FPT1795 - Dark blue mid-length skirt that has red, white, and yellow flower prints, and a red ribbon around the waist. The back of the skirt has a Velcro® brand fastener to make it easier to remove and put back on. *See "Variations" below.
  • 2 each - FPT44117 - Blue ribbon hair bow for Jenny's pigtails.

** FP201SET1974A - Above described sold in a Display box marked "A Fisher-Price Doll" in yellow (above display window). Back of box includes picture of 6 Fisher-Price dolls (no Joey doll).

** FP201SET1974B - Above described sold in a Display box with oval yellow sticker on bottom right corner of display window. Sticker is marked "201 Jenny" . Back of box features 3 play scenes (one includes Joey doll).
Variations:
  • 201K Jenny - Jenny was sold with a body and dress that is the same and the body and dress used for #205 Elizabeth.
    • FPT44118 - 201K Jenny - Stuffed cloth body doll with a plastic head and hands, brown hair, and blue eyes. She has a red and blue plaid stuffed body that is designed to look like her pajamas. She has blue cloth shoes (attached) with white socks. Measures 13" tall. Face features freckles and eyes with a thin blue line.
    • FPT1804 - Red and blue plaid mid-length skirt that has a blue ribbon around the waist. The back of the skirt has a Velcro® brand fastener to make it easier to remove and put back on. Measures 4-3/4" long x 14" wide.
    • 2 each - FPT44117 - Blue ribbon hair bow for Jenny's pigtails.

** FP201SET1974C - Above described sold in a Display box with oval yellow sticker on bottom right corner of display window. Sticker is marked "201 Jenny" . Back of box features 3 play scenes (one includes Joey doll).
Other Information:
  • Fisher-Price made four different Jenny dolls, three of which were "My Friend Jenny" dolls. The first Jenny (#201) was not a My Friend Doll, although she is often confused as one. She has stuffed arms and legs, where as the three My Friend Jennys have plastic arms and legs, with a cloth stuffed body. #212, #217, and #209 are all the same, as far as we can determine, except the outfits they were sold in. Each doll should have a tag sewn into her back with the model number to determine which version she is. If her tag has been cut and she no longer has her original clothes, it may be impossible to determine which version she really is.
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.