Years Made:
Fisher-Price Toy Department
Department 2:
Dolls, Figures & Stuffed Animals
1979-1981

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: The first My Friend doll was introduced in 1977, #210 Mandy. Mandy was the only friend....how lonely....until 1979 when #212 Jenny was introduced. Jenny has a cloth body, vinyl head, arms, and legs. She has long brown brushable hair and brown eyes. She was sold with a pretty brown jumper dress, a white shirt, a "straw" hat, brown stockings, and a pair of shoes.
Accessories:
  • FPT1842 - Jenny - Doll with long brunette hair, a plastic face, plastic arms, plastic legs, and a soft stuffed cloth body. Measures approximately 15-1/2" tall.
  • FPT1843 - White/off-white blouse with long-sleeve puffy sleeves that have elastic around the cuffs. Measures 10" wide x 4" tall.
  • FPT1844 - Brown sleeveless jumper dress with tiny red, yellow, and white flowers prints. The dress has white lace trim around the collar and sleeve openings. Has 2 Velcro® brand fasteners in the back. Measures 9" wide x 7-1/2" tall.
  • FPT1845 - Soft dark brown stretchy hose/tights with an elastic waist and built-in "socks". Measures 8" long x 5" wide.
  • FPT1846 - Light brown straw hat with a 3/8" wide brown satin ribbon around the brim. The hat has a white elastic chinstrap. Measures 7" diameter x 3" tall.
  • Shoes. Most of the My Friend dolls were made just like human shoes with a left shoe to fit the left foot and a right shoe to fit the right foot. It looks backwards and doesn't quit fit properly when the wrong shoes is on the wrong foot. The bottom of the shoes are marked "LEFT" or "RIGHT":
    • FPT1847RH - Light brown shoe with an enclosed top, sides, and back. The shoe has molded laces on the top and a dark blue base. The bottom of the shoe is marked "RIGHT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
    • FPT1847LH - Light brown shoe with an enclosed top, sides, and back. The shoe has molded laces on the top and a dark blue base. The bottom of the shoe is marked "LEFT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
  • FPT5014 - Simple sewing pattern to make clothes for Jenny. The pattern has instructions and pattern cut-out pieces to make a nightgown. Pattern ID #231470.
  • FPT5094 - Instruction booklet titled "Caring for Mandy" with details on how to wash, shampoo, and groom Mandy & Jenny. The booklet has 6 pages, tri-fold format, with a picture of Jenny & Mandy on the cover. ID# 391000 / 1982 - 4. Measures 7" tall x 5" wided (folded).
Variations: None.
Other Information:
  • FP212BOX1979 (Box ONLY) - Sold in a pink display box marked "My Friend Jenny" in white across the top (above the display window). WFL: 07-AE-12-5-C.
  • FP212SET1979 - Complete set with box. WFL: 07-AG-21-2-B
  • Fisher-Price made four different Jenny dolls, three of which were "My Friend Jenny" dolls. The first Jenny (#201) was not a My Friend Doll, although she is often confused as one. She has stuffed arms and legs, where as the three My Friend Jennys have plastic arms and legs, with a cloth stuffed body. #212, #217, and #209 are all the same, as far as we can determine, except the outfits they were sold in. Each doll should have a tag sewn into her back with the model number to determine which version she is. If her tag has been cut and she no longer has her original clothes, it may be impossible to determine which version she really is.
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.