Years Made:
Fisher-Price Toy Department
Department 2:
Dolls, Figures & Stuffed Animals
1982-1984

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: Until 1981, Mandy and Jenny were the only two My Friend dolls that were available. In 1982, Fisher-Price launched a full-fledged My Friend Dolls advertising campaign, boasting of spending $1.5 Million dollars in television commercials and magazine ads. The #212 My Friend Jenny and #211 My Friend Mandy were discontinued to make way for the sparkling new My Friend Doll line. Four new dolls were introduced: #205 Mikey, #215 Mandy, #217 Jenny, and #218 Becky. Each doll was sold in a color coordinated display box with a see-through window on the front. The boxes were white with a colored umbrella across the top and a colored bar across the bottom. Each box had different types of flower around the bottom edge.
Accessories:
  • FPT5092 - Becky - 16" tall doll with a plastic head, arms and legs and a white cloth stuffed body. Her body is covered with yellow flower bud prints. She has long auburn-red brushable hair, green eyes, freckles on her face, and dimples. Sewn-on toosh tag is marked "209, 216, 218". *See "Variations" below.
  • FPT1868 - Aqua green mid-length dress with puffed elbow-length sleeves and an attached white sheer bib apron flocked with pink flowers. Measures 7" tall x 10" wide.
  • FPT1869 - White straw hat with a 3/8" wide aqua-green satin ribbon around the brim. The hat has a white elastic chinstrap. Measures 7" diameter x 3" tall. *See "Variations" below.
  • Shoes. Most of the My Friend dolls were made just like human shoes with a left shoe to fit the left foot and a right shoe to fit the right foot. It looks backwards and doesn't quit fit properly when the wrong shoes is on the wrong foot. The bottom of the shoes are marked "LEFT" or "RIGHT":
    • FPT8338RH - White/off-white shoe with a rounded toe area and an enclosed toe, sides, and heel. The shoe is marked "RIGHT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
    • FPT8338LH - White/off-white shoe with a rounded toe area and an enclosed toe, sides, and heel. The shoe is marked "LEFT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
  • FPT1866 - Simple sewing pattern to make clothes for My Friend Dolls.
  • FPT30053 - Instruction booklet titled "Caring for My Friend Dolls" with details on how to wash, shampoo, and groom. The booklet a picture of Jenny, Mandy, Mikey & Becky on the cover.
Variations:
  • FPT8429 - Becky - 16" tall doll with a plastic head, arms and legs and a white cloth stuffed body. Her body is covered with yellow flower bud prints. She has long auburn-red brushable hair, green eyes, freckles on her face, and dimples. Sewn-on toosh tag is marked "218".
  • FPT1867 - Becky - 16" tall doll with a plastic head, arms and legs and a pink/flesh colored cloth stuffed body. She has long auburn-red brushable hair, green eyes, freckles on her face, and dimples. Sewn-on toosh tag is marked "218".
  • FPT30080 - Becky - 16" tall doll with a plastic head, arms and legs and a pink/flesh colored cloth stuffed body. She has long auburn-red brushable hair, green eyes, freckles on her face, and dimples. Sewn-on toosh tag is marked "216, 209, 218, 4009".
  • FPT8542 - Becky - 16" tall doll with a plastic head, arms and legs and a white featureless cloth stuffed body. She has long auburn-red brushable hair, green eyes, freckles on her face, and dimples. Sewn-on toosh tag is marked "217".
  • FPT19789 - Becky - 16" tall doll with a plastic head, arms and legs and a white featureless cloth stuffed body. She has long auburn-red brushable hair, green eyes, freckles on her face, and dimples. Sewn-on toosh tag is marked "218".
  • FPT8578 - White straw hat with a 3/8" wide pale blue satin ribbon around the brim. The hat has a white elastic chinstrap. Measures 7" diameter x 3" tall.
Other Information:
  • FP218BOX1982 (Box ONLY) - Sold in a 8-5/8" long, 18-7/8" high, 4-7/8" deep white display box marked "My Friend Becky" in pink and green across the middle. The box has pink flowers across the bottom and a pink and green awning design across the top edges of the box.
  • FP218SET1982 - Complete Set in Box. WFL: 07-AE-06-5-B.
  • Becky's outfit was sold as an individual outfit in 1985 as #4108 Springtime Party Dress.
  • In 1982, this doll was sold in #286 My Friend Doll Assortment with all of the other My Friend dolls that were introduced in 1982.
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.