Fisher-Price Toy Department
Department 2:
Dolls, Figures & Stuffed Animals
1982-1984

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: Until 1981, Mandy and Jenny were the only two My Friend dolls that were available. In 1982, Fisher-Price launched a full-fledged My Friend Dolls advertising campaign, boasting of spending $1.5 Million dollars in television commercials and magazine ads. The #212 My Friend Jenny and #211 My Friend Mandy were discontinued to make way for the sparkling new My Friend Doll line. Four new dolls were introduced: #205 Mikey, #215 Mandy, #217 Jenny, and #218 Becky. Each doll was sold in a color coordinated display box with a see-through window on the front. The boxes were white with a colored umbrella across the top and a colored bar across the bottom. Each box had different types of flower around the bottom edge.

This is the only male My Friend doll. He was sold wearing blue jeans, polo shirt, baseball jacket, and snickers.

Accessories:
  • FPT1805 - Mikey doll - Boy doll with a plastic head, arms, and legs. He has brown brushable hair, and a cloth stuffed body. His body is flesh colored and his back has a sewn-in tag marked, "Fisher-Price Toys, Division of the Quaker Oats Co, 1981, and 205". He is approximately 16 inches tall.
  • FPT8379 - Blue denim long-leg jeans with white thread-stitch, deep pockets, and a white "belt". Measures 8-1/4" long x 5" wide.
  • FPT1807 - Red and white horizonal striped polo shirt with a button-up V-collar. The shirt has a Velcro® brand fastener in the back. Measures 5" tall x 7" wide.
  • FPT1809 - Light blue baseball jacket with a white collar, cuffs, and bottom edge. The jacket has a red and blue "FP" logo within a white circle on the chest. Measures 5-1/4" high x 11" wide.
  • Shoes. Most of the My Friend dolls were made just like human shoes with a left shoe to fit the left foot and a right shoe to fit the right foot. It looks backwards and doesn't quit fit properly when the wrong shoes is on the wrong foot. The bottom of the shoes are marked "LEFT" or "RIGHT":
    • FPT1808RH - Dark blue shoe with an enclosed top, sides, and back. The shoe has molded laces on the top and a dark blue base. The bottom of the shoe is marked "RIGHT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
    • FPT1808LH - Dark blue shoe with an enclosed top, sides, and back. The shoe has molded laces on the top and a dark blue base. The bottom of the shoe is marked "LEFT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
  • FPT30053 - Instruction booklet titled "Caring for My Friend Dolls" with details on how to wash, shampoo, and groom. The booklet a picture of Jenny, Mandy, Mikey & Becky on the cover.
  • FPT30054 - Simple sewing pattern to make clothes for My Friend Dolls. The pattern has instruction and pattern pieces to make a My Friend Mikey Pajama outfit. Pattern ID #339710 and marked "205" above the ID.
Variations: None.
Other Information:
  • FP205BOX1982 (box only) - Mikey was sold in a 8-5/8" long, 18-7/8" high, 4-7/8" deep display box. The box has a "Mikey" written in blue across the front middle, a blue "umbrella" design across the top, and a blue bar across the bottom.
  • FP205SET1982 - Complete set in box set. WFL: 07-AE-14-5-C
  • In 1982, this doll was sold in #286 My Friend Doll Assortment with all of the other My Friend dolls that were introduced in 1982.
  • Also see 1975-1976's #206 Joey - (plastic head and hands, stuffed body, legs, and arms).
  • Also see 1979-1980's #240 Mikey - (plastic head, stuffed body, legs, and arms).
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.