#216 My Friend Mandy
Years Made:
Fisher-Price Toy Department
Department 2:
Dolls, Figures & Stuffed Animals
1984-1984

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: Lovable Mandy becomes an All-American cheerleader in 1984. Unlike the Mandy dolls sold during the 1970's and early 1980's, this Mandy has a slightly different face with "puckered" lips and a nose with nostrils. She is wearing a white and blue cheerleader outfit, a blue headband, white socks, and blue and white shoes. She also has two blue and white pompoms.
Accessories:
  • FPT1852 - Mandy - Doll with a plastic head, arms and legs, and a white stuffed cloth body. Her body is covered with yellow and green flower bud prints. She has blonde brushable hair, blue eyes, "puckered" lips and a nose with nostrils. Approximately 16" tall.
  • FPT8277 - Blue and white horizonal striped knit sweater with white long sleeves and a yellow monogrammed megaphone on the chest marked "Mandy" in the center of the megaphone. Measures 4" tall x 5" wide.
  • FPT1815 - Blue cheerleader skirt with white in the folds. The skirt is split in the back and has a Velcro® brand fastener in the back. Measures 4" long x 6" wide.
  • FPT1824 - White cotton "panties" that fit under the FPT1815 cheerleader skirt. Measures 3-1/2" tall x 4" wide.
  • FPT1860 - Blue hard plastic doll-size headband with hearts and flowers molded onto the edges. Measures 3-1/3" diameter x 1/2" wide x 1-16" thick.
  • 2 each - FPT1816 - White cotton sock with blue stitching around the top edge of the sock. Each sock is made to have turn-down cuffs, so the blue top stitching should be at the bottom of the sock cuff. Measures 2-1/4" long x 2" wide.
  • Tennis Shoes. Most of the My Friend dolls were made just like human shoes with a left shoe to fit the left foot and a right shoe to fit the right foot. It looks backwards and doesn't quit fit properly when the wrong shoes is on the wrong foot. The bottom of the shoes are marked "LEFT" or "RIGHT":
    • FPT1859RH - White tennis shoe with an enclosed top, sides, and back. The shoe has blue across the front top, molded laces on the top, and a white base. The bottom of the shoe is marked "RIGHT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
    • FPT1859LH - White tennis shoe with an enclosed top, sides, and back. The shoe has blue across the front top, molded laces on the top, and a white base. The bottom of the shoe is marked "LEFT" on the bottom. Measures 2-3/8" long x 1-1/4" wide x 1" tall.
  • 2 each - FPT1819 - Blue and white cheerleader pom-pom with a white wrist strap. Measures 5" long x 2-1/2" wide.
  • FPT1858 - Simple sewing pattern to make clothes for My Friend Dolls.
  • FPT30078 - Instruction booklet titled "Caring for My Friend Dolls" with details on how to wash, shampoo, and groom. The booklet has a picture of Jenny, Mandy, Mikey, Becky, and Nicky on the cover (Mandy & Nicky are dressed in cheerleader outfits).
Variations: None.
Other Information:
  • FP216BOX1984 (Box ONLY) - Sold in a 8-5/8" long, 18-7/8" high, 4-7/8" deep white display box marked "My Friend Mandy" in blue, yellow, and red across the middle. The box has blue, yellow, and red flowers across the bottom and a red awning design across the top edges of the box.
  • FP216SET1984 - Complete set in box. WFL: 07-AE-10-3-C.
  • In 1982, this doll was sold in #286 My Friend Doll Assortment with all of the other My Friend dolls that were introduced in 1982.
  • Also see 1985's #206 Nicky for an African-American doll wearing the same cheerleaders outfit as Mandy's, except the front of the sweater has "Nicky" opposed to "Mandy".
  • In 1985 Mandy's cheerleader outfit was sold individually as #4109 Cheerleader Outfit. This allows more than one cheerleader on a squad!
  • Below you will find links to the other 4 Mandy dolls that were made. The only difference between all of the dolls is their outfits, color of rose buds on their bodies, and the last two Mandy dolls made, #216 and #4009, have a different face than the first three, #210, #211, and #215.
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.