Set Box Front
Set Front View
|Description: The Rescue Center features 4 levels of fun: 1st floor Fire Station, 2nd floor Squad Room, 3rd floor First-Aid Station, and 4th floor (roof) Heliport with a helicopter landing pad. The set includes a fire truck with water hoses and rescue ladder/bucket, a Fire Chief's car designed to catch the Chief as he comes down his chute on the Rescue Center base, and a helicopter with a cable and sky hook (hook lowers as rotor turns). A Rescue Cage (which doubles as an elevator) attaches to the hook and can be lowered through the roof hatch (opening) into the 3rd floor First-Aid Station. Also includes 6 figures, bunkbeds, chairs and small tables.
- PSKB470 - Rescue Center - Tall red and white plastic building with a rectangular masonite base. The 1st floor Fire Station has a large yellow door that swings open (door marked "Engine No. 1"). Inside has a yellow floor/ramp: the back lifts upward via yellow push button on side out building: the tilt make the fire truck roll out when stored inside. The white back wall of the rescue center has a 2-story fold-down ramp (allows access inside the 2nd floor Squad Room, 3rd floor First-Aid Station). The 2nd floor has 1 large window on the right side, and an open balcony marked, "SQUAD ROOM" in white. The 3rd floor has 2 small windows on the right side, and an open balcony marked, "FIRST AID" in white. The white roof has a round helicopter landing pad and an open rectangular hole (hatch door) to drop down into the 3rd level. One corner of the roof has a square open hole to drop figures down the chute running down the side of the building.
Rescue Center Lithos:
- Base Litho - The rectangular masonite base has a litho of green grass, bushes and sidewalk. Part of the green area has small black text marked, "No. 470 ©1973 Playskool Inc., Under Berne & Universal Copyright Convention".
- Fire Station Door - Rectangular litho with red/white stripes on the edges and black triangular center design. Center has 2 yellow blocks with black text, one marked, "ENGINE NO. 1", other marked, "DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAY". Litho fits on exterior side of 1st level yellow door.
- Front Wall - Large red rectangular litho with an orange square marked "Playskool" in black and "RESCUE CENTER" in white. Top right corner of litho features a window with small square panes. Litho fits on front exterior wall above the 1st level yellow door.
- Squad Room Floor - Blue retangular litho (covers masonite floor of 2nd level Squad Room). Has a yellow U-shaped area near the front and an orange area near the back.
- First Aid Floor - Light blue retangular litho (covers masonite floor of 3rd level First Aid). Has a blue cross shape with a circle within the cross area.
- Helicopter Landing Pad - Round litho with blue and yellow rings. Marked, "AIR RESCUE LANDING PAD", and, "STAND CLEAR OF ROTORS". Litho fits within round recessed area of roof top.
- Rescue Cage (doubles as an elevator on the Rescue Center base) - Rectangular block with a rectangular recessed area on 2 sides and a round hole in the middle (to push figure out when placed in recessed area). The top has a loop with a hole in the center (for the helicopter hook to fit into), and the 2 long outside edges have a squared recessed groove (to attach to elevator track on the Rescue Center outside wall). See variations below for color options.
- 2 Hoses
- PSK80 - Yellow hose with red plastic water nozzle on both ends.
- PSK81 - Yellow hose with red plastic water nozzle on one end and a red squared pumper on the other end. The pumper has an imprint marked, "FIRE ALARM".
- 3 Vehicles:
- PSK82 - Fire Truck - Small red squared fire truck with 2 square "seats" on top, a square in the top center (for ladder attachment), small pegs on the edges (to attach hoses to fire truck edges), and rolls on 4 black wheels (marked Playskool) held on via red plastic rivets. Fire truck has a peg on the back (to attach fire hoses).
- 3-Piece Fire Truck Ladder:
- 2 each - PSK83 - Fire Truck Ladder - Yellow plastic 4-rung ladder with 2 round connectors (each with a male peg in the center) on one end and with 2 rounded connectors (each with an oval-shaped hole in the center) on the other end. The connectors allow 2 (or more) of these ladder pieces to connect together.
- PSK340 - Fire Truck Ladder Basket - Yellow square ladder basket with 2 round connectors (each with a male peg in the center) on one end (to connect to the PSK83 ladder).
- PSK84 - Fire Chief Car - Small light blue squared car with 1 square front seat and a rectangular flatbed in the back. The front has a litho marked "SQUAD CAR". Rolls on 4 black wheels (marked Playskool) held on via light blue plastic rivets.
- PSK85 - Helicopter - Small boxy yellow helicopter with a red 2-blade propeller (rotates) on top and 2 red landing skiis on bottom. Has 1 square seat with a red backrest. The helicopter has an attached rope with a plastic hook attached. The hook lifts/lowers as the propeller spins.
- 4 each - Beds - Rectangular single bed with a tall headboard and footboard (allowing the beds to stack into bunk beds). When flipped over, the beds can also be used as tall tables. See variations below for color options.
- 2 each - End Tables - Small square table with X-shaped legs on the bottom. Bottom of tabletop marked, "351912". Measures 1-5/16" x 1-5/16" tabletop x 3/4" tall. See variations below for color options.
- 2 each - Chairs - Small square chair with arm rests on 2 sides, a tall backrest, and a small square raised outline base. Bottom of chair marked, "351911". Measures 1-3/8" wide x 1-1/8" deep x 1-5/16" tall (backrest). See variations below for color options.
- 6 Square "Blockhead" Figures:
- 2 each - PSK1 - Blue base, brown hair, chest design: V-Collar, 2 buttons, Emblem
- 2 each - PSK86 - Red base, red helment, chest design: V-Collar, Tie w/ 2 tie clips
- 2 each - PSK15 - White base, brown hair, chest design: 3 buttons, Stethoscope
- Beds: Set includes any 4 of the following:
- End Tables: Set includes any 2 of the following:
- Chairs: Set includes any 2 of the following:
- Rescue Cage (elevator): Set includes any 1 of the following:
- Featured in 1974 JcPenny Christmas Wish Book (page 321) - price $11.77.
- Featured in 1976 JcPenny Christmas Wish Book (page 360) - price $9.77.
|Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!