Set with Box: Peelable
Set with Box: No-Peel
Side view with Tops
Side view w/o Tops
Camper Side View
Camper Top View
Camper Inside View
Camper Inside View
Luggage & Rack
Luggage & Rack
|Description: The Car & Camper set was the first U.S. Romper Room Weebles playset to be featured in main stream Christmas toy magazines and toy stores. The set includes a car and camper that measure 24 long x 7-1/2" tall, a wide variety of accessories, from furniture and luggage to a family of 4. The Weeble figures were peelable (no plastic cover to protect the Weeble's body).
- Car & Camper:
- Car - HTW100 - Large white 4-seat car with a red front grill, red steering wheel, red movable hook hitch on back, blue interior, and rolls on 4 yellow wheels. Marked, "©1972 Hasbro®, MADE IN U.S.A.".
- Car Roof - HTW101 - Blue L-shaped car roof/top that fits onto the top of the above mentioned car. Has 1 rectangular opening for the "back window". The top of the roof has a slightly raised square (to store/hold luggage rack).
- Camper - HTW102 - Large white camper with a white triangular hitch on the front (to attach to the HTW100 car), and a white motorcycle rack on the back. One side of the camper has a blue door and a red "step" under the door. The top half of the camper can be raised, and kept upright via the red swing-out window/bed on each end of the camper. The top edge of the camper has a pull-out canopy with a scolloped edge. Marked, "©1972 Hasbro®, MADE IN U.S.A.".
- Camper Side 1 - Extra wide yellow (light orange) litho with a Romper Room litho on one side and "weebles" in white on the other end. Has a half-circle wheel hump in bottom middle. Litho fits on left exterior side of the camper.
- Camper Side 2 (wide) - Wide yellow (light orange) litho with "weebles" in white. Has a half-circle wheel hump in bottom. Litho fits on right rear exterior side of the camper.
- Camper Side 2 (narrow) - Narrow yellow (light orange) litho with a Romper Room litho. Litho fits on right front exterior side of the camper (by camper door).
- 2 each - Window bed - Rectangular litho of a blue bedspread with white lines forming squares), light blue sheets, and a white pillow. Litho fits on red swing-out window/beds.
- Rug - White oval rug with rows of blue zig-zags and rows of red zig-zags.
- Record Player - Red rectangular litho with a record on a record player and 3 record sleeves. Litho fits on top of inside hump that covers the wheel.
- TV - Red rectangular litho with a TV screen. Litho fits on the side of the inside hump that covers the wheel.
- Stove & Sink - Yellow rectangular litho with a square blue stovetop with 4 white burners and a square grey and white sink. Litho fits on top of inside hump that covers the wheel.
- Oven and Cabinets - Yellow rectangular litho with a square blue oven face on one side, and a cabinet and 3 drawers on the other side. Litho fits on the side of the inside hump that covers the wheel.
- Camper Roof - HTW103 - Blue rectangular camper roof flap (fits on top of HTW102 camper). The top of the flap has a slightly raised square 2 circles (to store/hold luggage rack and boat).
- Small Vehicles:
- Motorcycle - HTW104 - Yellow 1-seat motorcycle (no movable parts) with 2 wide wheels, molded engines on the sides, molded handlebar, headlight and seat on top. The seat has a recessed circular area in the center (seat for Weeble).
- Boat - HTW105 - Small yellow 3-seat boat (no movable parts). The sides of the boat are made of 3 layers of "wood" plants. The inside bottom of the boat has 3 recessed circular area in the center (seat for Weeble).
- Luggage & Luggage Rack (see "variations" below for color options):
- Luggage Rack - Short square luggage rack with 4 short legs (on each corner). The top of the luggage rack has 3 different shaped "holes" (rectangle, triangle, round) to hold the accessory luggage pieces.
- Rectangle Luggage - Rectangular luggage with a molded handle on one edge (long edge).
- Triangle Luggage - Tall triangular (3-side) luggage with a molded handle on one end (triangular ends).
- Round Luggage - Tall round cylinder luggage with a molded handle on one end (round ends).
- Table - HTW122 - Yellow rectangular picnic table with 4 corner "legs" and a checkered picnic table cloth litho on top.
- 4 each - Chair - HTW123 - Yellow 1-seat chair with 4 short corner "legs" and no armrests.
- Weebles: Weeble Family of 4 (Peelable):
- HTW1 - Dad - Blue base, brown top (hair) man with light blue shirt. The shirt cuffs and collar are red/white.
- HTW2 - Mom - Brown base, yellow top (hair) female with a brown shirt. The shirt has a small white collar and pink flowers.
- HTW3 - Girl - Yellow base, red top (hair) girl with a white shirt. The shirt has a small yellow collar and yellow sleeves. The girl is holding a large red apply.
- HTW4 - Boy - Red base, brown top (hair) boy with red overalls over a red/white striped shirt. Has a frog in his back pocket.
- Weeble Figure Variations:
- 1973 - HTW5 - Dad - Blue base, brown top (hair), red shirt with cuffs and collar. Marked "©1973 Hasbro". Measures 2" tall.
- Luggage & Luggage Rack should be a combination of blue, green, red and yellow. All luggage pieces and the rack were sold in all 4 colors, creating a bigger challenge to find a correct complete set:
- Luggage Rack - HTW106 - Blue
- Luggage Rack - HTW107 - Green
- Luggage Rack - HTW108 - Red
- Luggage Rack - HTW109 - Yellow
- Rectangle Luggage - HTW110 - Blue
- Rectangle Luggage - HTW111 - Green
- Rectangle Luggage - HTW112 - Red
- Rectangle Luggage - HTW113 - Yellow
- Triangle Luggage - HTW114 - Blue
- Triangle Luggage - HTW115 - Green
- Triangle Luggage - HTW116 - Red
- Triangle Luggage - HTW117 - Yellow
- Round Luggage - HTW118 - Blue
- Round Luggage - HTW119 - Green
- Round Luggage - HTW120 - Red
- Round Luggage - HTW121 - Yellow
- Featured in 1972 Sears Wish Book (pg. 485) - $10.99.
- Featured in 1972 Spiegel Christmas Book (pg. 334) - $9.99.
- Featured in 1973 Eatons Christmas Book (pg. 461) - $12.99.
- Commercial: http://archive.org/details/dmbb23924.
|Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!