Years Made:
Fisher-Price Toy Department
Department 1:
Audio, Visual, Musical, Educational & Electronics
1977-1978

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: This "Pocket Radio Music Box" plays "I'd Like To Teach the World to Sing".
Accessories:
  • FPT2506 - "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" music box with a wooden back, a green plastic front, and a white and red vinyl carry handle. The music box plays, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" as pictures of a globe, a boy working on a house, and a girl beside a bee hive revolve past the small "screen". The back of the music box has a litho picture of a 3 kids repairing a globe, and the words to the song, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing". Measures 4-3/4" high, 3-5/8" wide and 1-7/8" deep.
Variations: None.

Repair
: If your music box plays slow (or not at all!), you may want to check out our REPAIR STATION. We can restore most Fisher-Price wind-up music box mechanisms to almost new condition!

Other Information: When most people hear the "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" music box play, they tend to sing the lyrics, "I'd like to buy the world a Coke®, and keep it company..." in time with the music for one of the most famous Coke-Cola® commercials ever made. The real lyrics to the song, "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" however, do not include the word "Coke®". The correct lyrics are printed on the back of the "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" music box litho as follows:

I'd like to build the world a home
and furnish it with love,
Grow apple trees
and honey bees
and snow white turtle doves.

Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.