1978-1980

1978 - Front Cover

1978 - Inside Flap & Instructions

1978 Back Cover

79-80 Front & Back Cover

1979 - Box & Instructions

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: Set includes a #800 Talk-To-Me player and one Talk-To-Me book. The hand-held, battery-operated player plays small records that are laminated on the pages of Talk-To-Me books. A phonograph needle spins while the player sits on the record on the book, then out pours noises and voices of the characters on the pages.
Accessories:
  • FPT10780 - Small tan plastic Talk-To-Me player with a clear bottom window and brown toggle switch. Has a paper lithograph on the top marked "Fisher-Price" Talk To Me Player. Measures 5-1/4" long, 2-1/2" tall.
  • FPT10780-COVER - Small tan plastic battery cover for the FPT10780 Talk-To-Me Player (should NOT be removable, but often found broken off).
  • FPT5597 - Walt Disney's "Ghost Chasers" Talk-To-Me Book with a picture on the cover of Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck approaching a scary house. Measures 11-3/8" tall x 8-1/2" wide.
Variations:
  • 1978:
    • Player, Battery Cover, and Book described in "Accessories" above.
    • FPT30026 - Instructions Manual - 7" x 8-1/2" folded white paper with black/white drawing on the cover of a boy and girl using a Talk-To-Me player. The top of the front cover is marked, "Fisher-Price Talk-To-Me Player & Book Instructions Sheet". Inside flaps has, "Note to Parents", "How to operate your new Talk-To-Me Player", "Proper care and maintenance", "Battery replacement". Back cover list One Year Limited Warranty information, and marked "1978 Fisher-Price Toys". (FPT30026R - reproduction)
    • FPT30027 - Sold in display box with LIFT-UP front flap.
  • 1979:
    • Player, Battery Cover, and Book described in "Accessories" above.
    • FPT30028 - Instructions Manual - 7" x 8-1/2" folded white paper with 2 black/white drawings on the cover of a Talk-To-Me player. The top of the front cover is marked, "Fisher-Price Talk-To-Me Player & Book Instructions Sheet", "Note to Parents" and "How to operate your new Talk-To-Me Player" (referring to the 2 drawings/diagrams of a Talk-To-Me player). Inside of the manual has "Proper care and maintenance", "Battery replacement", and a "Owner's "Trouble Shooting" Guide. Back cover list One Year Limited Warranty information, and marked "1979 Fisher-Price Toys". (FPT30028R - reproduction)
    • FPT30029 - Sold in display box with 2 displays windows on the front (one window displays the player, and other window plays park of the enclosed book).

Repair
: If your music box plays slow (or not at all!), you may want to check out our REPAIR STATION. We can restore most Fisher-Price wind-up music box mechanisms to almost new condition!

Other Information:
  • FP801BOX1978 (Box ONLY) - Original display box. WFL: 07-AE-45-0-B.
  • FP801SET1978 - Complete Set in original box. WFL: 07-AF-16-4-A.
  • Uses phonograph needle #BO 0824 (this is the Fisher-Price part number, but they no longer stock this part). Replacement needles for this phonograph are available at This Old Toy's Toy Store.
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.