Years Made:
Fisher-Price Toy Department
Department 2:
Dolls, Figures & Stuffed Animals
1985-1986

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: One of three new dolls introduced by Fisher-Price in 1985 with realistic marble-like weighted eyes that open and close as baby sits up or lays down.This doll is designed to be baby's very first baby doll. She is approximately 8-1/2 inches tall with a smooth plastic bald head, which means no tangled hair. She also has plastic hands and a soft fabric body. She was sold wearing a removable jumper dress. This doll and her outfit are machine washable and dryer safe. Designed for children ages 6 months and older.
Accessories:
  • FPT19139 - My Very First Baby - Female baby doll with a plastic head and light brown plastic molded hair (non-brushable), plastic hands, and a white cloth stuffed body, arms, and legs covered with pink rose buds and green stems. The doll has realistic brown eyes that open as baby sits up and close and baby lays down. The doll's feet are made of rounded solid white satin material. Measures 14-1/2" long. Fabric tush tag is marked "Fisher-Price Toys, DIVISION OF THE QUAKER OATS CO., EAST AURORA, N.Y. ©1984, 243". Her face has a realistic nose, 4 line eyebrows, and pink lips (closed mouth). Back of head (neck area) is marked "30280, FISHER-PRICE TOYS, ©1982".
  • FPT19140 - Pink and white striped sleeveless dress with a rounded collar and shoulder area that has ruffles around the bottom edge. The dress has a Velcro® brand fastener on the back to help keep the dress close. Measures 7" long.
  • FPT30477 - Instructions Pamphlet - Features black/white line drawing of the 3 new 1985 dolls and marked "Caring for Fisher-Price Babies" in red. Back includes doll washing and drying tips.
Variations: None.
Other Information:
  • FP243BOX1985 - (Box ONLY) - This doll was sold in a 9-3/4" long, 14-1/2" high, 7-1/2" deep display box. Box is pink with a display window on front and top half. Front of box (under display window) is marked "Fisher-Price" in white and "My Very First Baby" in yellow. Back of box lists all 3 new 'weighted eye' dolls introduced in 1985.
  • FP243SET1985 - Complete set in box described above.
  • Two other dolls were introduced in 1985 with this baby, #242 My Comb & Care Baby, and #241 My Bathing Baby.
  • This doll was sold as #243 Cherry in Europe.
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.