|Description: 1977 introduced the first of the Little People Lift & Load series with the #942 Lift & Load Depot. The Lift & Load Railroad was second in line, introduced in 1978.
The Railroad depot has a brown base with a grey 2-story depot building structure. There is a red overhead crane on top of the grey structure that moves by a red hand crank on the side of the structure. The lover level of the structure has an orange platform that tilts up to load the train cars when they come by. A part of train track is molded into base of building.
The set includes 7 pieces of brown railroad track, and an exclusive 2-piece train. The set also includes pallets, crates, barrels, a fork lift, 2 tireless construction workers, and a tall train engineer.
- Base and Attachments:
- B943A - Lift & Load Railroad Depot with a brown base and a grey 2-story depot building structure. The building structure has 4 tall "legs" that support that 2nd level/top beam. The top beam has a red overhead "crane" on top that moves from side to side via a red hand crank on the side of the building structure. The lower level has a tunnel (under the top beam) with train track molded in the center (in the brown base). The side of the lower level base has an orange platform that tilts up to load freight onto railway car. The top side of the building (above the red hand crank) has a yellow paper litho marked "FISHER-PRICE LIFT & LOAD RAILROAD".
- FPT28 - Orange plastic "cage" that looks like a ski-slope chairlift. Flat "seat" with vertical side bars that come together at top to form a lifting loop. Is open at front and back.
- FPT1206 - Short squared orange plastic ramp with 2 square cut-outs in the center of the ramp. The ramp has two small "hooks" on one end to attach to B943 base.
- 7 pieces of brown train track:
- 4 each - FPT1031 - Brown curved train track.
- 3 each - FPT1030 - Brown short straight train track.
- 2-piece train:
- FPT693 - Yellow wind-up train engine that has "FISHER-PRICE" and "943" on the side. The engine has an orange wind-up knob and an orange two-position switch on the top. Use the OFF position for manual play or to wind the motor (do not hold the wheels when winding). The ON position makes the train circle the 7-section track (including the base track section to complete the circle) up to 4 times!
- FPT696 - Orange flat train car with a caboose booth in the back and an attatched yellow flatbed that tilts.
- FPT414 - Green (Lime Green) 1-seat forklift with a Yellow spring-loaded action fork on the front that moves up and down. The fork lift rolls on 4 black knobby wheels.
- FPT300 - 4 each - Tanish-orange square simulated wooden plastic shipping pallet that has 2 edges on the bottom sides to allow the fork on a fork lift to slide under the pallet and lift it. The top of the pallet holds a crate and it has an edge to prevent the crate from sliding off.
- FPT260 - 2 each - Round black plastic oil drum with four molded ribs on the sides.
- FPT262 - 2 each - Square greyish-tan plastic "wood-slat" sided crate with 5 horizontal "wood boards" on each side and a "wood board" on all 4 edges of each side. Has a diagonal mold seam across the top and bottom. Measures 1-1/8" wide, 1-1/8" deep, 1-1/4" tall.
- 3 Original Little People Figures - All figures have a plastic body and a plastic head:
- TPP - Light blue construction worker with an orange construction helmet, and an orange non-triangular scarf.
- SPP - Light blue African-American construction worker with an orange construction helmet, and an orange non-triangular scarf.
- WPP - Tall light blue train engineer with a moustache, a light blue (angled) engineer-type hat, and an orange scarf.
- FP943BOX1978 (Box ONLY) - Sold in a 9-1/4" high, 8" long, and 10-3/4" wide box. WFL: 07-BC-13-1-B.
- FP943SET1978 - Complete set in original box.
|Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!