Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Tush Tag

1974-19??
Box Back

1975-1977
Box Back

European Blue Apron

Description: In 1974, Fisher-Price introduced it's first doll series, six different dolls, each with a cloth huggable body, and a plastic face and hands and a removable outfit. Many people think that these dolls are members of the "My Friend Doll" series because they look so much alike, but they are not, infact these were introduced 3 years before the first "My Friend Doll" was introduced.

Each dolls in the series has her own personality, appearance and charm. The first six dolls were #200 Mary, #201 Jenny, #202 Natalie, #203 Audrey, #204 Baby Ann and #205 Elizabeth. In 1975, Fisher-Price added a new doll to the series whom is also the only boy of the bunch, #206 Joey. 1976 introduced yet another new doll, #208 Honey, whom unlike her predecessors, did not have a removable outfit. In 1977, only 4 of the above 8 were available, Mary, Natalie, Joey and Honey. During this same year, a different type of doll was introduced that would birth the beginning of a new doll series, the #210 My Friend Mandy. By 1978, Honey was the only doll available from the original doll series, and the My Friend doll series was beginning to take it's place.

Accessories:
  • FPT1787 - Mary - Stuffed cloth body doll with a plastic head and hands, blonde hair, and blue eyes. She has a red and white checkered stuffed body that is designed to look like her pajamas. She has red cloth shoes (attached) with white socks. Measures 13" tall. Back of neck is marked, "108240, ©1973, FISHER-PRICE TOYS". Tush tag has no year, but is marked "200".
  • FPT1792 - Red and white checkered skirt a white lace hem across the bottom edge. The back of the skirt has a Velcro® brand fastener to make it easier to remove and put back on.
  • FPT1793 - White smock apron with white lace trim on the bottom. Back straps attach via Velcro® brand fastener to make it easier to remove and put back on.
  • 2 each - FPT22036 - Red ribbons for her hair, one for each pigtail.

Variations:

• Some European versions of Mary used a blue smock apron:
    FPT30498 - Blue smock apron with white lace trim over the shoulders and a red heart on the chest. Back straps attach via Velcro® brand fastener to make it easier to remove and put back on. White tag marked, "Fisher-Price Toys, EAST AURORA NEW YORK" is sewn inside (under a shoulder strap).
Other Information:
  • FP200SET1974A - Mint in box set. Back of box features six dolls (no Joey doll). WFL: 07-AF-13-5-C.
  • FP200SET1974A - Mint in box set. Back of box features three dolls, including Joey (new in 1975).
  • Also see #200 My Little Sister Mary.
Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy Fisher-Price This Old Toy

E-Mail us:
info@thisoldtoy.com
Search This Old Toy

This Old Toy's Other Toy Lines:
Playskool ~ ~ ~ ~ Kenner ~ ~ ~ ~ Hasbro

Copyright © 1998- This Old Toy. All Rights Reserved.
This Old Toy is not affiliated with Mattel/Fisher-Price or any of its subsidiaries.